Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Homemade lemonade

Our lemon trees had quite a few lemons on them so I decided the new blossoms (& resulting fruit) may get a boost if I snip off all the fruit still on the trees.

I arranged them all prettily in a bowl in my kitchen with a few clusters of leaves too. Decor made simple! Later I discovered there was no juice at home for the kids to drink, so I thought of those lemons decorating my kitchen table… & decided “Have lemons? Make lemonade!”

101

(I didn’t pick this many lemons! I took this photo on our recent holiday to Franschhoek in the Western Cape at a gorgeous guest farm called Babylonstoren)

Here’s the recipe:

Homemade Lemonade

1 cup sugar (either caster sugar or granulated)

1 cup water

1 cup of lemon juice                                                                                                

Hint :  freshly squeezed lemon juice is much nicer than the one from a bottle! You’ll need approximately 4 lemons for 1 cup.

Method:

Place the sugar & water in a small saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves. (It dissolves quicker than you think).

Add the lemon juice.

Place all in a jug and add 4 cups of cold water. Chill in the fridge.

Delicious served with ice, lemon slices & a few sprigs of mint.

 

This recipe really take a few minutes to make and my kids love it!! They keep asking for more!

So …….. If life gives you lemons, make lemonade!!

2 comments:

Sweet Pea said...

What a lot of lemons and what a lovely table display.
We used to have a Meyer Lemon tree that ripened its fruit all at once. I would make lemon cheese cake and freeze it and of course still lemonade which also used the lemon peel for added zing. Your recipe sounds simple and yummy, I might give this one a go next time.

Bonnie said...

Hi Veronica.
Sounds yum. Will have to try this sometime, although we don't have a lemon tree, our neighbor does! (someones they conveniently fall into our garden!)