Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Customised Wine label artwork

I have been bad with blogging of late. I can give many reasons, but few excuses LOL! Basically I’ve just been plain busy!

I recently received a subscription email from the CSI Project.

thecsiproject.com-logo-150(One of many crafty places I subscribe to). Their latest challenge is to create something inspired by Ballard Designs. Now we don’t have Ballard Designs in South Africa, but if we did, I’d be there in a heartbeat!

I loved the cute wine cellar plaque here:

image

I just thought it was so sweet and love that it’s personalised. So I decided to create something similar for the challenge.

Here’s mine:

 

 

{sorry – not the greatest pics, but I didn’t want to use a flash and the lighting in the room was not too good}

 

And how I created it :

I had saved this cute vintage wine label from The Graphics Fairy ages ago and now got to use it! I edited it a little by taking out the original vineyard’s name.winelabelbrown2

I added “Hurly Vineyards” in uppercase Times New Roman Font to replace the winemaker’s name.

I then added a ‘rub-on’ action from Atomic Cupcake to the whole lot to age it even more.

I added part of an aged book background (please forgive me I can’t remember where I got it from).

I printed the artwork out on cardstock using the ‘borderless' printing option onto a sheet of cream-coloured A4 paper and voila (vwah-la!)!

I popped it into a dark wooden frame and it is now in it’s new home in our wine cellar/ movie room. Love it!

And I think this will make such a cute gift! ….mmmmm

(** Note to self : Christmas is just around the corner!)

16 comments:

Angela said...

Veronica,
Your label is awesome! I have no idea what a "rub on" action is, but whatever...you've done a fantastic job!
Angela

Krista@RustikChic said...

Great job...I love it! It looks so nice, I think I need one. :)

coastal cavegirl said...

VERY nice!! And even cooler that it's personalized :)

Stopping by from the CSI project!

Jan
www.thesimpler-life.blogspot.com

Bonnie said...

Hi V. That is really gorgeous! a great gift idea! {trouble is I would like it so much, I wouldn't want to give it away! ha ha}

Morgane @ Bear,Dolly and Moi said...

it turned out real nice, more personal than the original!
and you are right, it would make a great Christmas gift...wonder if I can get a French wine label....

The Pennington Point said...

Your blog is great. I love the Christmas counter in the sidebar...yikes! I need one of those in my living room to remind me to get ready. :) We follow a lot of the same blogs...great minds think alike. LOL! Lisa~

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This turned out great! Hopping over from Brag Monday!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

just came over from Brag Monday -
great job!! TFS.
Marie

Cindy Adkins said...

It looks fantastic!!!
XO

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Love it! This would make an awesome gift!! I might need to make one of these for my parents, they make their own wine. Thanks for linking this up today for Brag Monday.

PetraB said...

Brilliant project, it looks great.

Anonymous said...

Great job! Sometimes it takes someone to post something to give you an idea! Ideas running thru my head! yea!

Rebecca said...

Thank you for stopping by! I am really enjoying your blog and reading back through your posts.

Have a great week!

~Rebecca

Veronica said...

Thank you so much for all your great comments. I'm going to visit each of your blogs asap!

Suz said...

Very cute! It looks like Ballard to me and would be a great gift!

Suz

extreme personal measures said...

Love this! Did you ever recall where you got the aged book background? I tried to google it, to no avail.

Thanks!
weber_d (@) bellsouth (dot) net