Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, May 7, 2011

For Mom

My mom is not a sewer or crafter or even a teeny bit artsy at all. So when it comes to anything like that, she runs to me with her requests. She often asks for some thread and a needle to hem a pair of pants or sew on a button. She knows I have an endless supply of such stuff. Well I decided to make things easier and I’m going to give her her own convenient sewing jar for Mother’s Day. I have seen so many tutorials for these, but I especially love this one with it’s pin-cushion lid from Creative Ramblings:

image

So I bought a jar, and I found some cute sewing supplies at our local Hypermarket – in little tins! I bought a tape measure in a cute little round tin, a tin of buttons, and a tin filled with pearl-head pins. I added a book of needles, 4 different coloured spools of thread and a small pair of needlework scissors.

I found this cute sewing label at The Graphics Fairy :

sewinglabel-gfairybg

I edited it in Photoshop into a label for my jar complete with a little quote:

sewingkit label

I am going to hang this matching card off the gift too:

mothesday tag

And just for fun I made three other ‘vintagey’ tags which you can use for any occasion:

blank tagbirdtagbutterflytag

You are most welcome to download these free printables.

Simply click on each one for a larger image, then right click and save.

(The butterfly & bird are also from The Graphics Fairy)

Have a wonderful Mother’s Day tomorrow!

signature

9 comments:

Art From The heart said...

Your Mom will love this and the tags are sweet too !
Happy Mom's Day. Hugs, Amy

DomCurieuse said...

Thanks Veronika for these lovely tags !
Have a look at the sewing kit I bought on Etsy : http://lartdelacuriosite.blogspot.com/2011/04/necessaire.html

Connie said...

What a cute idea! I'm sure your mom loved it, what a thoughtful gift. I think I'll make one of these kits for my daughter who is moving out soon.

Stitchfork said...

This mom would love it and I hope your did!
xo Cathy - your newest follower via The Graphics Fairy

Ann said...

came by from Amy's blog(Art from the Heart)..so glad I did!!!! signed to follow you!!!

In the Light of the Moon said...

What a sweet treat for Mom.Happy to know you and thank you for the wonderful freebies.Warmest Regards,Cat

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

This is such acute idea. Ilove your projects! I'm your new follower!

Plumrose Lane said...

What a fun find your blog is Veronica ~ I stumbled upon it through Art from the Heart. I really enjoyed the variations you've created from other images so have included your link under the "Freebies" section on my blog.

All the best♥
Sharon

http://www.plumroselane.com/

Rene said...

These tags are lovely! Thanks!!