Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Losing stuff & … a painting

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I’m happy as I (once again) found something I lost! LOL I don’t know what has come over me! Sometimes I think I am losing my mind! Or perhaps I am “artsy and odd” as my husband fondly refers to me!

I spent the entire day yesterday searching my studio for the power cord for my Silhouette machine. Not a good thing to lose! When I tidied my studio I distinctly recall putting it away as I tidied and even said to myself “remember where you put this!”. Have you ever done this? Have you ever put something away in a safe place so that you won’t lose it only to forget where you put it?

Well I eventually found my power cord – last night. In the first drawer of my desk- yes right next to me – where I had already looked 3 times! {sigh}. So today I’ll be cutting out the African Party goodies for the birthday party this weekend. {Yesterday I thought I’d be cutting with scissors!}

Thought I’d share my latest completed painting. It’s a nice size this one, I guess about 60 cm x 45 cm (30x20 inches)- and one of my favourites. It’s drying still, and as soon as it’s dry, It’s off to the framers and onto my wall. I have to say it’s a copy of a painting by a fantastic American artist called Piero. I love his work!

It reminds me of my son who has been through a rough time this year. He moved to a new school in the middle of his second term as he was so unhappy at the school he started at in January. Fortunately since moving, he is so happy and enthusiastic about school. There’s a school for every child and thankfully my once sad little boy has a huge smile on his face again.

005_web

signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a WONDERFUL paining Veronika.....you did such a beautiful job with this!!!! It will be so gorgeous on your wall once framed!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word V, that little guy in the painting even looks like Reece! You are so talented, love your paintings they are all so beautiful! So happy he has finally settled in at school :)
Bxx

Bonnie said...

"When I tidied my studio I distinctly recall putting it away as I tidied and even said to myself “remember where you put this!”. Have you ever done this? Have you ever put something away in a safe place so that you won’t lose it only to forget where you put it?"

are you my clone? I tell you, it's scary how much alike we are sometimes! I do this ALL the time! I put things "in a safe place" and forget where that safe place is!
It's so frustrating!

I didn't know you painted so beautifully!! wow, amazing! I love that painting! you can tell the sullen, bored, lost, and almost sad mood from the little boy! So well painted!