Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Imagine the Impossibilities Challenge

 

I recently stumbled across a blog called the space between.

Karah & a few blogging friends are running a fabulous challenge for January which I think I am going to challenge myself to do. Here’s the story…

flourish

Doug Larson once said Some of the greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible”.


source

Uhhhh, are you talkin’ to me?  Like directly at me, with a harsh glare and aggressive pointy finger?

That’s ok, I’m not in denial.  I know I’m not the brightest bulb in this chandelier of life.  But I sure do try hard.

So, when I got an email from Karianne at Thistlewood Farm and Kelly from Eclectically Vintage (yes, the same Kelly who featured my personalized map dresser - Thanks again Kelly!) telling me about their great idea I was all in!  Picture me sliding my whole stack o’ chips to black.  :)

I didn’t even know about this Doug Larson guy quote until Karianne mentioned it, but man, is it true or what?  When she came across it she got to thinking, what was her impossible?  What did she truly believe she couldn’t do?  Then, what did some of her blog friends feel was impossible?  THEN, what if we all decided we were wrong?

source

“Imagine the Impossibilities”.

the space between

 

As soon as I read the idea I got to thinkin’, what, if I were smart enough to know better, would be impossible?

A gallery wall with only one screw hole in the wall?  WHAT?!?  That’s totally impossible.  Isn’t it?

Well, we’re about to find out.

How many screws do you think went into these walls?

source

source

source

See, Karianne and Kelly came up with this awesome idea to challenge ourselves to a little Imagine the Impossible project.  They invited a few of their best blogger buddies and we invite all of YOU to take the challengeThe Imagine the Impossibilities Challenge.

What would you try if you had no boundries?  What ideas do you have floating around that you (or others) think are just nuts?  What do you really just want to try even though a big part of you thinks it’s just not going to work?  (Uhhh, can you say gallery wall with one screw hole in the wall?)

It could be anything people!  Skydiving, mountain climbing, creative writing, closet organizing, gourmet cooking (or homemade bread making as Karianne will be trying).  Is it lamp painting, table decorating, long distance running, kayaking?  Your impossible is just that, YOURS!  There’s no too big or small, right or wrong.  What limitations have you set for yourself that you might, just maybe, be able to talk yourself out of?

Oh, just Imagine the Impossibilities!

In addition to myself, here is the cast of characters.  Just click on their blog name to jump over to their site and check out some of the awesome stuff they have done already and learn more about their impossibles.

  • Kari – Thistlewood Farm.  Cooking is not her thing, but homemade bread is her challenge.

  • Kelly – Eclectically Vintage.  For all of you with basements that become black holes filled who knows what, she is going to be purging and organizing 16 years stuff.  We might need to send her husband down if she doesn’t resurface before the end of the month.

  • Linda – It All Started With Paint.  Painting a vaulted ceiling definitely sounds impossible to me.  Yikes!

  • Stacey – A Sort of Fairy Tale.  For someone who has hovered at the pillow case stage of sewing she will be attempting to sew a purse.  I didn’t even know people do that.

  • Andrea – The Cottage Market.  She is going to be organizing her craft room.  I wonder if she could use any tips from here.  Oh, wait, she said craft room, not craft bookcase.  My bad.  ;)

Our self imposed deadline is January 31st and we will all be posting weekly updates between now and then so check back often to follow the “I Might Be Screwed (Just Once), A Gallery Wall Experiement”.

All of our efforts, AND YOURS, will culminate in 6 separate link parties on January 31st, one on each of our blogs.  I personally, cannot wait to check out all of the links and pick a few fav’s to feature!

the space between

 

Here’s how to join!


  1. Comment here with your personal impossible
  2. Grab our cool button (Thanks Andrea!) and get your best bloggy buddies involved.
  3. Check back in on our progress, my update posts will be on Mondays (Jan 16, 23, 30) and I’d love comments about your progress along the way.
  4. Join our Link Party on January 31st.  We will all post the outcome of our impossible and I can’t wait to see yours!

Let’s do this!  Tackle the demons.  Dream the big dreams.  Move mountains.

What is your Impossible?

flourishSo let’s join in!


I will also post my progress every Monday : 16; 23 and 30 January) & will be linking up on 31st January. This will be fun, challenging & I’m gonna kick my butt into gear!


I plan on tackling not only one, but 3 challenges!


frame


 


Will I manage to do all three? Well I certainly am going to give it my best!!


I’m going to start today!! – Are you?


Vxx

5 comments:

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Oh, this is so fun! I'm so glad you're taking on the challenge. Thank you so much for grabbing the button. I'm looking forward to your progress on all 3 of your tasks. Go big or go home, right!?!?

Linda @ It All Started with Paint said...

Veronica,

So excited that you are joining us on our "Impossibilities" journey this month! Can't wait to see what you accomplish ...

Linda

thistlewoodfarm said...

I am so excited that you are joining us! I am a sewer, not a baker (hence the overwhelming fear I have of making homemade bread)!
Good luck!
blessings,
karianne

Eclectically Vintage said...

3 challenges - you go girl!! Can't wait to see. I am a little afraid to go down in my basement and go through 16 years worth of stuff!

Thanks for joining our challenge
Kelly

nan said...

Hello Veronica!

I looked all over your blog for an email address and couldn't find one - so I'll have to reply to your comment here. I just wanted to thank you for your visit. I always love seeing your name in the comments!

We're having a crazy winter here. Usually, January is very cold and snowy and the last few days it's been in the mid-50s!! Almost as good as YOUR weather right now! Snowstorm is coming tomorrow though.

Take care! I hope you come back and "visit" soon!

Nan (youcouldmakethat.blogspot.com)